Sorry for not reporting over the last day or two. I hope you weren't worried. There was a huge wind storm here and the power was knocked out for a day. A tree blew down on top of the hydro lines. They say this happens a few times a year so everyone is quite prepared for it. The wood stove kept the house nice and warm and their stove is powered by propane so they are able to cook.
|
| There was a really high tide at the same time that the wind was at it's strongest and we took a walk down to the beach near Doug and Rachelle's house. Here I am with Doug while the waves pile into the logs at the bottom of the bank.
|
| The tide and storm surge was so high that it took some people by surprise and washed their boats away. You can see the little aluminum boat bashed up in the logs.
|
|
|
| Here I am holding on for dear life to a fence post with the waves rolling into the reefs on the south side of the island behind me.
|
| Today the storm broke and we went for a walk on Hornby's big, sandy beach. All of logs have been pushed up to the head of the beach and stacked on top of each other.
|
|
My time here is coming to an end. I've only got a few days left. I'll try to post another few diary entries before I go, though.
Flat Paige
No comments:
Post a Comment